14 Nights – 16 Chefs and 15 Michelin Stars – it’s the fine dining festival which has become everyone’s obsession
Lancashire, UK, September 2021 – The two-year wait is nearly over, Northcote’s Obsession is back, and it’s set to be bigger than ever. Known as one of the most prestigious and internationally recognised gourmet festivals in Europe, Obsession will return to Northcote in the Ribble Valley in 2022, from 21st January to 6th February.
Sixteen world class chefs with 15 Michelin stars between them have been invited to cook at the luxury Lancashire hotel and Michelin star restaurant, headed up by executive chef Lisa Goodwin-Allen. Taking place over 14 nights, the festival will see chefs travel to Northcote from all over Britain and Ireland – from Edinburgh to Dublin, London to Newcastle and beyond – to cook their unique Obsession menus.
- Friday 21st January: Lisa Goodwin Allen, Northcote, Ribble Valley (1 star)
- Saturday 22nd January: Matt Abe, Restaurant Gordon Ramsay, London (3 stars)
- Sunday 23rd January: Mickael Viljanen, Chapter One (previously The Greenhouse), Dublin
- Monday 24th January: Jordan Bailey, Aimsir, County Kildare (2 stars)
- Tuesday 25th January: Simon Rogan & Tom Barnes, L’Enclume, Cumbria (2 stars)
- Wednesday 26th January: Roberta Hall, The Little Chartroom, Edinburgh
- Thursday 27th January: Alex Bond, Alchemilla, Nottingham (1 star)
- Friday 28th January: Galton Blackiston, Morston Hall, Norfolk (1 star)
- Saturday 29th January: Hrishikesh Desai, Gilpin Hotel & Lakehouse, Cumbria (1 star)
- Sunday 30th January: Kenny Atkinson, House of Tides, Newcastle (1 star)
- Wednesday 2nd February: James Martin, celebrity chef and TV presenter
- Thursday 3rd February: Tom Kerridge, The Hand & Flowers, Marlow (2 stars)
- Friday 4th February: Atul Kochhar, Atul Kochhar Restaurants, London
The grand finale
- Sunday 6th February, featuring:
- Monica Galetti, Mere, London
- Nieves Barragan Mohacho, Sabor, London (1 star)
- Lisa Goodwin Allen, Northcote, Ribble Valley (1 star)
Obsession launched 2001 as a celebration of great food, wine and a meeting of friends, old and new. From that first event, it has evolved but the ethos is still very much the same; to offer guests a completely memorable culinary experience, created by some of the world’s most innovative chefs.
Lisa Goodwin-Allen, executive chef at Northcote said; “Obsession 22 is particularly special. After having to cancel this year’s festival due to the pandemic and with the hospitality industry taking such a hit, we’re all ready to put on a show of culinary brilliance. This year it was only right to bring all corners of Britain and Ireland together, focusing on the incredible talent that we have on our shores, but still with an injection of different styles of cooking, different regional ingredients and different flavours. We have some great emerging chefs like Alex Bond, and much-loved household names, as well as some of the UK’s best female chefs, joining us.”
Guests can also enjoy a Louis Roederer Collection 242 Champagne reception, and have the option of adding a wine flight to the dinner. Managing director Craig Bancroft and his wine team meticulously choose wines to pair with the unique flavours and ingredients of each course each night, to really elevate the dining experience. Northcote recently retained its Spectator Two Glass Wine Award for its absolute commitment to wine, and breadth of the cellar across multiple winegrowing regions including Burgundy, Spain and Portugal. The hotel’s atmospheric bar is also a focal point of every evening with specially created Obsession cocktails that take inspirations from chefs’ menus.
Obsession 22 sponsors:
- Headline sponsor: Deepbridge Capital
- Restaurant sponsor: Royal Crown Derby
- Chef table sponsor: Gaggenau
- Film sponsor: Wellocks
- Wine sponsor: The Wright Wine Company
- Kitchen sponsor: Electolux Professional
- Programme sponsor: Leonard Dews
- Champagne sponsor: Louis Roederer
- Glass sponsor: Riedel Glassware
- Water sponsor: BELU
The official charity for Obsession 22 is Hospitality Action.
Tickets for Obsession 22 go on sale on 28th September and are priced at £160 per person, including a Louis Roederer Champagne and canapé reception, five course menu, coffee and petit fours. A specially paired wine flight can be added, starting from around £65 per person.
For more information visit https://www.northcoteobsession.com
VIP hospitality packages are available to book for six or more people in the Louis Roederer Room or at the Chef’s Table, from £2,350 + VAT.